The author tool is a creation tool. It allows you to create medical consultation simulators independently for the practice of clinical reasoning; it is therefore mainly intended for medical trainers or teachers.
The use of the authoring tool is free of charge; the distribution of simulators to learners requires a subscription.
This tool does not require any specific computer knowledge. To use it you will have to write a scenario concerning the management of a patient through one or more consultations (a simulator can consist of 1 to 5 consultations).
Consultations can be either general medical, specialist or pre- or post-operative consultations (anaesthesia, surgery).
A template is provided to help you compose the scenario while respecting the structure requested by the software.
The main steps in creating a medical consultation simulator are as follows:
- Choosing the patient’s avatar
- Choice of setting (hospital, private or home visit)
- Choice of consultation steps from the proposed steps
- Step settings (dialogues, quizzes, clinical examinations, etc.)
- Synthesis writing
- Possibly, creation of other consultations on the same model
- Publication of the simulator